Thursday, October 18, 2007

Supernatural Occurrence of the Day

Today, while I was canvassing, I picked up my bag to walk and talk with a guy who was in a rush. I neglected to remember my waterbottle.

When I returned to the corner, the waterbottle was gone. Understandably dismayed (it was a Kenyon Nalgene), I crossed the street... and there it was. Sitting on the other side of the street, under a traffic-light post. It had apparently migrated over while I was gone (the wind was very intense, it might have blown into the street, where some concerned citizen picked it up and sat it on the side).

Or it might have gotten up and moved under its own free will.

There's magic everywhere.

Further updates as they come---I'll keep a record of all other inanimate objects that seem to slowly migrate away from me.

Also: Dan is here! Hooray!

1 comment:

Traveler72 said...

It was definitely changelings that are the problem. No one else would take a water bottle only to move it a number of feet under a traffic light and then leave.

They probably did it just for the sake of making you think it moved on its own. I have a friend (an ex girlfriend actually) who planned to steal people's socks over the course of a year from the laundry room in her dorm and tell people fairies were doing it, then leave all of the socks in a big basket in the laundry room on the last day.

So changelings probably did it to make you think they did it, which is about as forthright as they get, I think.