Monday, October 15, 2007

Fine and Dandy

So a few new tidbits about life:

I'm stage managing for Steven Fales' "Confessions of a Mormon Boy" at the Bailiwick this week. Its a touring show, been all over the country--so basically, I'll be calling the show and looking after the tech elements. He's an amazingly interesting/cool guy- we had a few shared moments over the Tabernacle choir, Mormon smiles, and other such stuff. I'm looking forward to the coming week. If you're in Chicago---come see the show!

It's also cool because it marks the first time I've been offered additional work in Chicago. I love being in a position where I can just say--what the hell, sure, I'll do this. Great to be able to seize opportunities.

Which brings me to the next point---the glory of, for the first time in my life, not having a deadline or time limit. I'm realizing that I can do things at my own pace for right now---work, live, practice, grow. I'm working a lot these days, and was getting stressed about it---until I realized that it wasn't like I had a short amount of time before I had to leave, or any other kind of commitment that I was missing by doing what I'm doing. Then I realized that I acctually really had fun at both of my jobs, and that I was doing important things (in different ways) at both of them: saving the world for one, and learning more about theatre/actually getting to work on shows at the other...plus, I'm earning money at both. So...why the pressure? Realizing that was very helpful---really let me relax about a lot of things that are going on right now.

Also! We made bread (in our breadmaker---which is why I'm not saying "baked bread") for the first time last night...and it was fairly good! I had the most hippy-ish of sandwhiches made with it (tofu w/ barbeque sauce and lots of spinnach on homemade wheat bread), and it tasted fine. Hooray!

Well folks, that's life as we know it right now. Hope everyone is doing well out there. Send word as it comes.

No comments: