Monday, October 8, 2007

Life lessons (slowly learned)

New reminder for self today: these are the good years. Enjoy them. I spend too much time worrying, stressing myself out needlessly. I need to chill out a bit about screwing up at my evening job especially: if I'm terrified I'm going to screw up constantly, I'll never have any fun.

That being said, I need to be careful about the ways I might screw up. For instance, I will no longer leave hammers in awkward places. However, allowing things to roll off my back more will be useful. We'll try it out on wednesday. I wonder if part of it is a lack of sleep? I just got up from a nap, and I feel absolutly wonderful---ready to start the day again, fresh, excited about life. All in all a nice feeling.


Second. Reminder for (the euphamistic) tommorow: these are also the good years. I don't think there are bad years. Just...these years especially, I don't want to waste.

Trader Joe's tommorow! I can start eating complex foods again! Not just peanut butter sandwiches and noodles with olives and oregano!

1 comment:

Nate said...

They're all good years, only bad days.