Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'll be waving my hand...

Man, I had forgotten how good the Our Lady Peace album "Clumsy" was.

Seriously. It was the most emo thing ever, long before Emo existed. Plus it had a great mix of totally rocking guitars, and crazy landscapes of sound.

A lot of great non-hit songs too.

But none of them are happy.

I think that's ok, some times.

"And Sara thinks she's died here once before
She's crazy
A pop-up book of flowers from grade 4
Are driving her insane
And no one knows why
She's sad tonight
No one can help her find

She's crying, crying, oh she couldn't afford the view
Crying, crying, oh these automatic flowers won't do"

That, my friends, is grade A teenager angst. Fall-Out Boy, eat your heart out. They were here first.

Plus, they're Canadian!

1 comment:

Nate said...

I think that "Innocent," off the album "Gravity," is the best.