Monday, October 29, 2007

Steak

I'm adding steak to the list of things my uncle Dale has taught me about. They are, in order, M&M's (when I was very small---my first introduction to candy), Good Wine (when before I thought I didn't like wine because it was ussually either inexpensive or came out of a box) and now...Steak.

Mmmmmm...I won't need to eat for a week.

Here's a resolution you may not have seen coming from me (or maybe you have...I may be utterly transparent). I need to take more risks. In life, love, leisure, what have you. Dale made the very good point: what do I have to lose? Not a whole lot, my friends. So, lets see how this goes. I know there is a large divide between deciding to take more risks and actually taking them...but, its a first step, right?

I'm reading an early 70's (I think) adaptation of the Mahabharata...and I'm kinda stunned. It's kind of really, really good. I'm not quite ready to put it up against the Iliad yet...but still. Its pretty damn good.

1 comment:

easteighth said...

WHOA I didn't know you even had this blog!! Yay! And I'm even linked on the side!

What translation of the Mahabharata are you reading? It's been on my list for a while but I've never actually chosen one to pick up.