Sunday, October 21, 2007

Re-vivification

A fine day today: I am now stretched out on a handsome, soft, and altogether comfy green couch that Erin and I found at Brown Elephant, a thrift store near where I was canvasing on saturday. Got it over here today, inbetween bouts of laundry, making bread, shopping, and doing tech stuff for the Bailiwick.

Had my first day off from both of my jobs in two weeks---was wonderful to just be home and relax! I ended up going in to the B-wick a bit to help with some tech stuff, but I consider that more play than work, so it was fine. Got some good reading done, relaxed, slept in, and did a bit of grocery shopping. Very chill. Three more weeks of Bud's cafe, and then I can basically have Saturday's also---especially when I re-work my schedule for the box office.

Dire warnings, urgent news, sanctimonious rantings? I don't think I have any for today. The Container Store was not quite the bonanza of discounts that I hoped it would be, and as such, I still require a bookshelf. Trying to figure out when I'll have a chance to seek one out---I do believe my best shot will be next sunday, or possibly on wednesday, depending. A few more things on the walls, a few more boxes gotten rid of, and it'll really look like we live here!

All according to plan, my friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Craigslist. Hit it up. There's a lot of stuff listed up north. Which has been endlessly frustrating for me, but should be awesome for you.
And congrats on the couch.