Thursday, October 25, 2007

Burn this Place down

...right where it stands/and I'll wash my hands/of all consequence.
Does anyone remember that song? I think it was on an "Edge of the X" compilation or something. Then again, remembering that there might not be as many people from Pittsburgh reading this (or are there? I don't really know), it's probably unlikely.

Moving on. Early morning post to make up for getting up a bit to early. I absolutly adore not having to be at work until 11:30 right now---I sleep more than enough again, and it feels wonderful.

Speaking of which, had one of the most emotionaly ravaging dreams I've ever had last night---not frightening per say, but just...intense. An old man who was so excited to tell me so many things that he couldn't remember anything he had to say. A girl who was just hanging around to use people. Love, lies, and really tasty brownies. Woke up at 5 am, totally confused and a little disturbed. It was one of those hyper-real dreams, where I accomplished some things through the course of the night, then realized none of it was actually real.

You know, though---I think bits of life make more sense after a dream like that---its hard not to take a few lessons away, right?

It's alright, though---went back to a fairly dreamless sleep, and now, I'm my usual chipper self. Feeling good about life, the universe, and everything.

New day and all that.

Time to go to work!

3 comments:

Cherubino/Carmen said...

I think Zanna Don't either was here or will be here in Boston.

-Adrienne

MAKE UP A LINK NAME FOR ME DAMNIT.

Spelunker said...

I very often have exactly those kinds of dreams. Where everything in the dream is linear and part of some greater plot, where I make a difference and accomplish things within that plot, and then wake to discover I'm just in my room in Boston on a Tuesday morning. My dreams always have a story, though some are more intense than others. I've even had a few where I was drugged/drunk in the dream and my dream self's vision changed to reflect it. I dream in drunk-o-vision!

Traveler72 said...

I have a handful of dreams that I've been able to recall for most of my life since I've had them, and all of them have been experiences like that. Just to add to the agreeing that dreams are awesome.