Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Yelling at Crosswalks

New funniest thing I've noticed about the Chicago streets?

The Crossing Guards.

You see, in Chicago, they have crossing guards for the buisness people down in the loop(downtown area of Chicago). They direct traffic, tell people when to cross, etc. So these aren't after-school, little kid safety people---these are for adults.

Man. They are nuts.

I really do think they recruit them from the most vociferous of the homeless people---that's ussually who I think it is when they first show up. I'm getting ready to dodge or change corners from the ranting guy, then I realized they've got a badge and a city uniform on.

It's crazy. They just scream random things at people.

Anyway, that's my thought for the day.

1 comment:

RM said...

I feel bad we keep missing each other on the AIM.

Howaya?