Sunday, November 11, 2007

We all want to hold in the everlasting gaze...

Whew--long weekend. Not even close to over yet (hooray for monday off!)

Work saturday night went a lot later than I expected, but was fine---I've gotten pretty efficient at getting up and out of the box office, which is nice. Last night we had a wonderful little gathering: just a bunch of people relaxing around the house, talking, carousing, and generally having a good time. Plus, its really nice to wake up the morning after a party, look around, and not see a total war zone (RE: B2. Remember those disasters? Worth it though---best parties I ever went to/threw). Finally got to see Cori, and sat in the kitchen late at night singing with Eliza and Hannah.

I think I always want my kitchen to be somewhere people get together and sing. That just feels right. Not to attatch some kind of over-dramatic quality to it (we were litteraly just sitting at the table, trading snatches of song back and forth), but it got back to something I want to have in my life---communal enjoyment of music, sharing through stories/songs/etc.

Friday was the other side of the celebratory genre---first office party. Which involved, eventually, Mag mile and the serenading of buisness men and women by caterwauling folks late at night. We then went and "helped" some guys shoot a skateboard video. I think we were, in the final tally, fairly unhelpful. I kind of want to see the movie, though.

Also continued my streak of having tourists take pictures of/with me while I'm out canvassing.

Two different total strangers commented on liking my hair in the last two days---one guy said it "had crazy flow"---and he was apparently a downtown real estate guy. Another girl on the bus made kissy lips at me and said it was "sexy". It's getting longer, but not too long--I'm going to have to stop myself from becoming a total degenerate hippy---it happens a bit more every day.

Well, that's the news from this side of the world.

3 comments:

Traveler72 said...

I think what you're describing about your kitchen - people trading snatches of songs over food and drink with no serious intentions, just to be together - could be described as a 'tavern effect.' Plus that just makes your kitchen, from my end, sound really cool, cause it could be like: apartment apartment apartment TAVERN WITH LANTERN-GLOW AMBIANCE AND GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL apartment...

Cherubino/Carmen said...

Haha, regarding the hair -- Some random jazzer around Berklee which is near work the other day, commented as I passed, "HEY! i LIKE your hair ... that's real cooooool!"

Wiry said...

Apparently I look like the prototypical Cambridge resident/Harvard student, because I have been asked by random tourists on the street for directions to places around C-bridge ("Excuse me? Where's Harvard?" "Uh... right there.") at least twice a day for the past few days I've worked. And then, when I was getting a student rush ticket with my defunct Kenyon ID for Adrienne's concert, this guy looks me up and down and says, "Student rush? Yeah... you look like a student." I'm just glad my "in college" disguise is working, muwaha.