Monday, November 19, 2007

Exhausted

For one of the first times here in Chicago, I'm waking up exhausted, just wanting to go back to sleep. DIdn't rest quite enough during the weekend. I guess that's what the week is for, right?

Things that make this morning awesome: I recieved a package from Paul Woodruff, containing copies of his new translations of Sophocles, with signatures and "best wishes" written on the inside. That feels kinda cool. Also, Paul is basically the coolest/kindest guy I've met.

Also, I'm going to a new works/poetry reading tonight, I think at somebodies house. I don't know anyone connected to it, but I'm going to wear a sweater and a scarf and experience new art. So: if I come back to you all sipping lattes, wearing a berret, and "jiving and grooving" to the guy with the upright bass...this was the beginning. Feel free to just beat the hell out of me to return me to my senses. At least I shaved off my goatee already.

Get with it, cats,

J

1 comment: