Thursday, November 8, 2007

Getting the Worm (bird metaphor, not tequila)

I do love this "sleeping-enough-that-I-can-get-up-early-without-suffering" thing. Gives me time to reflect, read, stretch, cook, or whatever it is I need to do. Tommorow, I'll probably be able to get a bit of laundry done before work. Today, I'm going to settle for cooking some tortelini for lunch and writing in the old blog.

One thing I absolutely cannot wait for is the smoking ban in bars. My whole room smells like smoke now, mostly due to a coat I was wearing in a bar. Totally gross. Need to do some major airing out and finish my laundry...then, we'll have to find a new strategy for going to smoky bars. Choosing very washable coats, or something. Eww.

Took a suprising run last night. By which I mean, I was suprised that I took it. I was hanging out doing laundry, and threw on an old sweatshirt over my tshirt to go throw stuff in the dryer, and when I got outside, said...hmm, it's a nice brisk night--and I look kinda like Rocky--I should go for a run. So I did. It was all very impromptu, but I'm happy to say, Wicker Park is a nice place to run at night.

Also, our laundry room/basement is just about the creepiest place in the world. Aside from the KC Dance studio at night. Or the Caples elevator at any time.

Can you tell I've been reading the Alumni Mag article about "Haunted Kenyon?"

3 comments:

Cherubino/Carmen said...

You look like Rocky?? You should call me and say, "YO ADRIENNE".

Nate said...

Jeffrey, I am happy that you are so enjoying your life. I hope I can see you at some point over the next couple of months.

Traveler72 said...

Surprising runs are the best kind of runs. Except when the surprise is there's a zombie behind you. But then it's more kind of a surprising walk.

As for categories:

Super-hero (not so much 1:1 match as would-be-really-cool): Pete Wisdom

Character in RaGaD: The Player

Dinosaur: Triceratops (or possibly Albertosaurus, depending on how carnivorous you want it)

Vegetable: Fiddlefern (you can eat them, oddly enough)

Mage Tradition: Dreamspeaker

Pantheon: Norse

Building at Kenyon (not so much a 1:1 match as just highly associated): The Old Bank Black Box (an empty space...)

Changing Breed: Rokea (wereshark)

Time in European History since the Renaissance: WWII French Resistance

Tree: White Spruce

Star Wars (1-3): That jedi master with the really tall head who gets gunned down trying to charge into battle

Star Wars (4-6): One of those skull dudes that plays music at the Cantina in Mos Eisley.

Star Wars Bounty Hunter: Zuckuss

Sandwich: Knuckle

Sonic: Knuckles

Okay I think that's enough.