Saturday, November 3, 2007

Do you know what it's like?

A nice weekend. Saturday was work, a quiet dinner, a couple of beers in a relaxed bar, and then the NeverEnding Story---which was suprisingly moderate, compared to how I viewed it as a child. Not bad---but just---difficult? That was sort of nice as well---just makes you wonder what was going on when the folks were making it. Sunday was brunch at Earwax with Hannah (+ 2 Indie Cred!), bread making, dishwashing, a viewing of "Zanna, Don't" and a shopping trip to TJ's. I got Tempeh!

Very excited about that. Also, I got confirmation that the Indian Buffet that I've been wanting to go to is actually good food. Very, very excited about that.

Daylight savings time means I've got forever until I need to be in at work, so I can really just relax this morning. Lunch is made, breakfast is had, working out is completed. I think I may just end this post prematurely (or maybe right on time---I don't have much else to write down right now), get my shower, and go explore the neighborhood for an hour or so.

That sounds kind of nice. Here we go!

Take care all. See you soon---

1 comment:

Traveler72 said...

Re: Your Comment

I'm three steps ahead of you, Jeff.

I already drew up a Mage character over the summer, based partially on Bill Caine, who thinks the Universe functions because of a Prime Mover who picks out certain "protagonists" from among humanity and gives them "actions" to change history.

So his spheres consist of the Three Unities (Correspondence: Place. Time: Time. Entropy: Action - how things develop and grow and break down) and Prime, which he calls "Purpose." Furthermore, his magic is cyclical, so when he is presented with some great problem to solve (oh my gosh, my daughter has been abducted by paradox demons!) he discovers a sub-action in the Prime Mover's ultimate Action and his magic gets easier. Then, when he has a discovery (that's not my daughter, that's an android!) he gets one climactic reversal, and then enters into a period of suffering when his magical ability lessens. He can only get out of this magical slump by writing, which returns him to stasis.

And actually, Jeff, as I'm probably not going to get much of a chance to ST Mage again since I'm supposed to be growing up and all (poppycock) I want to share with you the revelation I had about the game when I was shoveling dog poop for my summer job:

When a Mage ascends, they discover the essential truth of reality.

And the essential truth is that it's all a game, and they've been illustrating and pretending for the amusement and betterment of a small group of real humans.

If they can accept this, they ascend, and dissipate back into the creativity that spawned them. If not, they live as arete 9 superhumans with the tragic knowledge that very little REALLY matters in their world.

But I'll probably never get a chance to run that game.