Thursday, November 22, 2007

Warm up, lil' bird!

So I'm a little doubtful on this whole "defrost in the sink" thing.

Like...the turkey is really going to thaw? Sitting there in the sink?

It's just a lot of turkey...and it's cold in my apartment.

Lesson #1 learned during first solo Thanksgiving----buy turkey several days in advance, thaw in fridge.

Holy shit we're so grown up.

============

EDIT: 4:31 PM
Turkey is in the oven, has been cooking for a while. Hooray! The neck was still totally frozen, but the meat seemed thawed. I decided not to "stuff" the turkey---put a few onions/carrots/celery in to improve taste, but not stuffing. Mostly because the stuffing wasn't quite ready at the point when the turkey was, and because there was still a bit of frozen-ness in the middle of the turkey, so I wanted to be able to cook it longer if I needed to.

People will be here soon, all is going well. This feels a little bit like the old all-nighter posts during school. Which I almost accidentaly pulled last night, by the way. Turkey rolls + Eva. Both of which I finished, both of which were absolutely delicious though a little ugly, each in their own ways.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Thanks for the call yesterday, I got your message too late to return it (I thought, at least). I wish we coulda joined you for your wonderful dinner.

Also I have been drinking Eggnog for three weeks now.

Never stop.