Thursday, November 15, 2007

Action

Once every two or three days on the street, I get called a "terrorist", or am told GreenPeace is "too violent," or something of the sort.
I understand on a certain level what people mean: I mean, we are extreme, in some situations. A lot gets blamed on us, or misrepresented as us, or in many cases, people here that "an enviromentalist" did something, so they blame GreenPeace. Never mind that we have "peace" in our name, or that we are -completely- nonviolent, or that our action missions are ussualy "witnessing" for the enviroment.

But man, sometimes, I just want to go..."We're violent? Buddy, we're the milk-water enviromentalist...have you seen ELF? Or Sea Sheperd?"

So let's share these: two more great Youtube clips. The first is the GreenPeace video---done to the New Radicals song "You get what you give". And then...well, then there's Sea Sheperd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JniWdP0MO7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqDOOX_5J0Y

Because I guess if "You get what you give" is perfect for GreenPeace, "We're never gonna survive unless we get a little bit crazy" is dead on for Sea Sheperd. I mean, our folks climb boats and chain themselves to harpoons...they buy old icebreaking ships and run them into illegal whaling vessals. Goddamn.


Finally---I guess you can probably tell, I'm feeling pretty good about my job right now. I mean, I watch that video, and think...hell, I work for them. How cool is that?

Have a good night, all.

-J

5 comments:

Wiry said...

I wouldn't be ashamed of your eco-terrorist job. Embrace it! The best villains, after all, are the ones based on liberal ideas taken to violent extremes:

- Poison Ivy (enviromental terrorist and feminazi)
- Scarecrow (college professor)
- Ra's al Ghul (utopian...?)
- Red Skull (communism...ish...)
- The villain in The Incredibles was lame, but he was definitely liberal (I just want to make everyone equal!)

I'll try to think of some more. I'm still waiting for the gay rights villain, though, who kills married hetero couples, sprinkles them with glitter, and then steals their children to turn them gay. They'll call him... The Swisher...

Traveler72 said...

Peter Brook is kind of cool.

Oh, and the Sea Shepherd movie I couldn't get working. I don't know if it's a problem on my end or not.

Also, not to be my usual obsessed self, but with regards to eco-terrorism: check out Werewolf. You play a mystically empowered eco-terrorist.

Nate said...

I dunno whether I can in all good conscience condone what Sea Shepherd does... But I *want* to. Because I like the fact that there are people taking extreme steps to fight for a cause I believe in, even if I believe that there are some other causes which are more crucially at the heart of our civilization's imminent destruction.

Cherubino/Carmen said...

Haha, I got approached by one of your co-Green Peacers here in Boston and I very kindly said that I had to go because I was late for work. "I gotta go!" I says, and he says, "I'll go with you!"

Haha.

RM said...

Listen, you terrorist.
I don't see any difference between what you do and Sea Shepherd. You're both just coming up with these horrible Global Warming lies to foist on good, hard-working Americans. Get on AIM and defend yourself, liberal libeler!