Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hungry

Being back in Gambier makes me hungry.

Well, being back in Gambier, the fact that I'm at home for big parts of the day rather than out doing stuff, and the fact that I don't have as much money for food, and thus have less of it. I think the problem is actually that I'm protein deprived---didn't get a chance to hit Trader Joe's this trip, so my protein source has been peanut butter (only had a couple tablespoons left, at the bottom of a jar), a bit of hums, and a can of chickpeas. Oh well.

New discovery--mixing a bit of good, all-natural peanut butter (pref. crunchy) in with some ramen, corn, and whatever else you have in the fridge is _really_ good.

When I get back to Chicago, I'm cooking some chicken (conveniently stashed in the freezer). I haven't had meat in...well, actually, I had some meat when I went out (on a lunch meeting, no less!) a few days ago. But other than that, not in a long, long time. Chicken sounds good.

No comments: