Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And the road becomes my bride...so in her I do confide. She keeps me satisfied.

Insanely productive hour. Finally sent emails I've been meaning to send for -months-, wrote a bit, etc!
I think I needed potassium.

Exciting news: I have session work this weekend! I'm playing bodhran on this really cool duo's song. Will also help me afford to go out a bit with Willow (who is coming to Chicago--hooray!) and see the 2-3 plays I want to cram into this trip home.

A few more things to complete for the night: another scene for the play, re-read a couple scenes from the various "Electra" plays, and go over the remaining online submissions from the students. Also, as long as the rain stops for long enough, a walk. Ran with the dog earlier today: a good day for the cardiovascular system.

Also, experiences the KAC Steam Room for the first time yesterday. I'm a fan of the sauna (you can take a book in, relaxing, etc), but the steam room was altogether too intense.

3 comments:

Wiry said...

Also steam rooms smell funny. Nothing at all like the comforting cabin-like atmosphere of a sauna. Which is sad, because really I do love a good steam (shower, boiling pot of water) to open up all my chakras.

Spelunker said...

Steam rooms make me feel like I'm constantly on the verge of passing out from lack of oxygen. Like the steam gives you JUST enough air to breathe, but not too much.

Cherubino/Carmen said...

Potassium eh? Did you drink banana juice??