Thursday, January 17, 2008

Catching the Disease

Reference Anton's post for a complete explanation:

The Soundtrack of my Life:
(I had to do this from my Ipod, as my Itunes right now is distressingly bare, having just switched computers. Perhaps its not the best cross-section of my music, but its pretty good).

Opening Credits: "Night Train to Lorca" by The Pogues
Upbeat, but a little tense--lots of ghost imagery. It's going to be a raw-er movie than I would have expected.

Growing Up Montage: "Glass Danse" by The Faint
Eeeeelectronic-- works, but would have been much, much more appropriate for High School.

High School: "The Background"- Third Eye Blind.
And this one would have been much more appropriate for "growing up montage"---its practicaly montage music. Soft, and a little disquieting. In the Director's cut, these would be switched.

College: "Open Road Song" by Third Eye Blind
There's something there? "Tonight I feel ambitious..."

Waking Up and Morning Routine: "Billy's Bones": by The Pogues.
WOW! You all need to find a copy of this song. Its like the monty hall running around music---accordian and singing in triple time, hi-larious.

Driving:"The Wind" by Cat Stevens
This is every drive alone that I've taken between Pittsburgh and Columbus, or backwoods in Fox Chapel....

At Work:"Lorelai" by The Pogues
Hmmm...this sounds suspiciously like a song that explains perfectly how I fall in love. Lets see what's next.

Falling in Love: "Ends of the Earth" by Encore after Midnight.
Ok, I wrote this song, so I know it isn't about love. It is, however, about natural disasters and not doing enough about it. So! Seeing as I was working GreenPeace not too long ago, this is perfect for that----

Breaking Up: "Wicked Sensetive Crew" by Dropkick Murphys
Ahhahahahahahahahaha...shit, its true, and it means I'm a bad person.

Getting Back Together: "Beer, Beer, Beer" by (some irish group)
Hah...yeah, listening to the flavor of the song, if not the words, it works well.

Dinner with Family: "Donkey Riding" by Great Big Sea
Its a song about coming home from sailing...that works.

Wedding: "What's left of the Flag" by Flogging Molly.
Uh oh..."Walk away me boy, walk away me boy, and by morning you'll be free..." along with that, it's about revolution. Hmmm...

Life's Good: "The Wanderlust" by Flogging Molly
Alright...hmm...about missing someone, and...wandering It's an upbeat song, though!

Mental Breakdown: "Make War" by Bright Eyes
"and he'll make war, oh war,
on who you were you before,
and claim all that has spoiled in your heart."

Flashback: "Jealous Words" by Richard Thompson
Interesting flashback---a little bitter.

Birth of a Child: "The Dirty Glass" by Dropkick Murphys
Doesn't make sense at all, unless my first child is actually an anthropomorphized bar.

Final Battle: "Autumn Fell" by The Expert
Yeah, it'll be over a girl. Or, with a girl. Yeah, I might kill a girl in my Final Battle. Probably because we gave birth to a bar.

Death Scene: "Monkey Wrench" by the Foo Fighters
YES. I want this song to be playing when I die. Its clear there will be gasoline, angry bad guys (possibly working for a corrupt government) and jumping through plate glass windows involved.

Funeral Song: "The Burden" by Dropkick Murphys
Hmmm... "Frankie's gonna be alright...yeah Frankie's gonna be alright...they say he was broken and never coming back, but Frankie's gonna be alright" I kinda like that.

End Credits: "Whiskey, you're the Devil" by The Pogues.
Eh, it's ok, and is pleasently upbeat to denote a happy life.
==============


Alright, so a few of these I was not totally happy with---so I'm going to have a round two for them, here separately. Kinda cheating, but not enough for me to care.

College: "Walk Away" by Dropkick Murphys
Adrienne?

Getting Back Together: "Walk through my door" by Gaelic Storm
Yes. Totally. Completely.

Dinner with Family: "Weird Science" by Oingo Boingo.
Yep.

Wedding:"Losing my Religion" by REM
I'll have to go with one of the happier interpretations of this, but it could work....

Life's good: "Johnny Quest (thinks we're sellouts)" by Less than Jake
Sure, Ska always means life is good.

Birth of a Child: "Last Shanty" by Great Big Sea"
Life was different when I was your age, kid. Works in a weird way.

Funeral Song: "Roman Roads" by Encore after Midnight
Wrote this about going home to Virginia. That works in a weird way.

=======

1 comment:

Cherubino/Carmen said...

Hahaha, oh, Walk Away. That song was just so catchy even though you never abandoned me with children.