Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mesorocktamia

Out on the road today, I saw a black flag sticker on a cadillac
A little voice inside my head said:
"don’t look back. you can never look back."
I thought I knew what love was
What did I know?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but-

I can see you-
Your brown skin shinin’ in the sun
You got that top pulled down and that radio on, baby
And I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone


So, here's the question----who can write me the new lyrics for the Atari's new hit,

"Boys of Sumer"?


Also:

While I likew the Atari's version of the song (and in the end, the video also...), Don Henley's video isn't bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkAKXigXRQ&feature=related

For comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfiQePVbqU&feature=related


The bit with the little kid playing drums while the footage of the people on the beach plays on the wall is nice.

1 comment:

Traveler72 said...

Sadly my computer is broken, so I'm working from the library where there are no speakers. I'll be happy to listen/spectate when I bring my headphones.

I hope life is treating you well. How are you enjoying post-grad life, as a whole? The deadline for thesis apps is coming up, and I'm beginning to look down the barrel of my experience at Kenyon, wondering if there's life after college.