Sunday, March 23, 2008

1,000,000 things

I haven't updated in far too long. Now I have too many things to write about. A list: from which I hope to pick and choose posts in the days that follow:

-St. Patrick's day: first show for Three Spying Soldiers at a bar, then two nights later a very successful party gig.

-Parade for said Saint's Day: where everyone was Irish, but none quite so much as the Welder's union. Bejaysus.

-A few days spent in Pittsburgh with Julia, Molly, and Oona. Highlights: Sam's subs, Pamela's, Lulu's noodles, Mom's Pesto (good food); hitch-hiking in Oakland at 2:45 am (seriously amazing); Someone other than Dan almost getting in a bar fight (also amazing); going up Mt. Washington (named #2 most beautiful view in America in a somewhat suspect Top 10 list), some good time spent with Grandpa (who is looking very healthy for his 93 years) and much more.

-Progressing work on "Of Mice and Men" and the "War Music"-based play.

-Relaxing time spent in Chicago.


Very quick thoughts---I'd forgotten how great Pittsburgh is. I was talking with Hannah about it earlier---and while I'm still glad I moved away, and I don't know when I'd want to go back...I think I'm re-affirming that it'll be where I want to raise my children. Just a wonderful place to grow up, and a wonderful place to return to.
Now I have three days with Dad, which will be very nice as well---return to Gambier Wednesday, then back to Chicago Thursday.

Until then---take care!

No comments: