Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rebels are We

Flogging Molly--third time, still excellent. First time I've been to the House of Blues in Chicago, reasonable venue.
Just as soaked in beer and sweat (mine and other's) as I expected.
Great openning bands---"Dusty Rhodes and the River band" and "Rev. Peyton and his Big Damn Band" were both intense. Both are on myspace--give them a listen. Rev. Peyton and co. especially put on an AMAZING show....


The crowds were pretty tame for the first two bands, though there was a bit of moshing for Rev. Peyton...but, as it always does, all hell broke loose with Flogging Molly. Amazing show, lots of key songs played...and folks, I got to take my sister to her first Flogging Molly show (and one of her first rock shows--though she's been to Catch 22 without me, so it's not really the first). It was really an amazing amout of fun---she's a more fearless mosher than I am, was going toe to toe not only with the smaller folks around her, but also the 300 lbs drunk guys who would come hurtling out of the crowd. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time being 'older brother', which in this case meant diving in front of said gorillas as they travered the pit...but yeah. I have an awesome sister.

Now, a shower, and I pass out.

Jeff and Karen after FM 1

Jeff and Karen after FM 2

No comments: