Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I could swear I heard her say:

Guidance needed: I can't seem to get a photo to load...anyone else have a problem with this? Let me know if you found a solution.

I'm back in Gambier, doing pretty well. Anthony, Em. Petes, and Steph are all coming down this weekend, so that's very exciting.

Weird bus trip last night, which feels worth writing about (blogging about, even? I guess, despite the fact that this is a Blog, and I write in it somewhat regularly, I don't feel like I can actually call myself a Blogger. Maybe one of these days.

Anyway.

I'm sitting on the Megabus, in a set of seats that face each other--that look like this: I_ _I rather than I_ I_ (that was a lot easier to explain in person. Did you get it?)

Those are the most comfortable seats, by the way---more leg room, you can stretch out and put your feet up, etc. So I sit down, arrange my stuff, and this girl walks over and asks if she can sit down there. I say...sure, go for it. We talk for a few seconds, then both settle into our books. Got to talking again a while later, and ended up in conversation until Indianapolis, at 2 am or so. Really helped cut down the travel time. Learned a new improv game. Then I slept for the rest of the time, which was good---though I was still a bit fried for the day.

The point of talking about this at all? First off, I started feeling weird about writing about this halfway through the post--not sure why. I'll parse that later. The real center is, I feel like I've spent some amount of time in the last month or so talking to complete strangers, many of whom I have nothing in common. That's been a little strange for me. I guess I'm used to sharing something like where we go to school (Kenyon), or...well, whatever High School was about.

The point of this? I've got the edge of a flu, and I'm rambling and feeling weird. If I get totally incoherent and post later tonight, you'll know I was unsuccessful in staving off illness.

No comments: