Sunday, December 9, 2007

On the Fly

In the middle of dishes, this will be a short note. Again.

Had a long and complex dream last night about storms in Chicago, involving a funnel cloud.

In it, I told a joke I (thought) I had been telling for a long time. It involved a clever pun, and something about the news networks knowing more about communication lines than the governemnt. At the end of the dream, I could not remember the punchline of the joke...but it was in the form of a clever pun. Or possibly something about reversing the word order.

What I cannot remember for the life of me is whether this is a joke I actually know, and have told people out in the real world, or if it was one of those things you "remember" in dreams, but then realize once you wake up it was never part of your life out here. So what I need to know is--have I ever told any of you a pretty mediocre joke about communications, natural disasters, and CNN vs. the Government?

Also. I've been doing dishes and cleaning the house while listening to the soundtrack from "Myst". I HIGHLY recomend this. Everything is much more significant, dreamlike, and poignant. The dim light from outside and the snow help also.

Tying it all together, I remember that I tried a few times leaving the soundtrack on as I fell asleep. Let it show in the record that I had some pretty messed up sleep cycles for a while during the experiment. A few nights ago, Christmas lights were left on in my room, and a somewhat simmilar effect was achieved. I find that leaving lights on when I sleep always creates entertaining events, even if it does interfere with useful rest.

Good lord, were those wonderful games. I may need to give Myst III another go. I know the first two run on macs, I bet the third one does also.

Hmmmm....we may have just found a significant source of amusement for long bus rides.

No comments: