Sunday, December 9, 2007

Menace to Society

The quote I'm stuck on right now comes from the KMFDM song "Brute".

For those of you unfamiliar, KMFDM is an early German Industrial band, famous for songs such as "Juke-Joint Jezbel", "A Drug Against War", and more.

Yes, I do use it as psych-up music when I'm canvasing.

Anyway.

The lyric in question is from "Brute". It goes:

"Cut these eyes- and I will see
Kiss these lying lips for me
Stroke this skin- and I will kneel
Brutalize me: I will Heal."

It's mostly the first and last lines, but it always gets to me. I feel like I occasionally have a tendency to want to wallow in negative feelings--sadness, anger, etc. Periods of either emotion are of course fine, but every once in a while, you try to hold on to them--know what I mean? There's something about the assuredness of that statement: "Brutalize me- I will heal". It's like a dare, or something.

I'm too tired right now to segue that into a review of "The Golden Compass", so that will have to happen tomorrow.

G'night all.

No comments: