Thursday, December 6, 2007

New Instruments

Much to the dismay of my neighbors, Tinwhistle is rapidly being added to the number of instruments I play.

I've already got Amazing Grace, Scotland the Brave (I think), The Auld Triangle, and (mostly) Dirty Old Town. Oh, and Three Blind Mice.


Slow songs with easy progressions in the key of D.

Still, its something.

My face hurts a bit.

Also, just learned that every 4 hours, Jimmy Johns sells all of their extra bread for 50 cents a loaf. I mean, it's completely empty french bread...but still. You can't argue with bread for $.50.

Also, I will review "Golden Compass" in this august journal soon. That's a subtle way of saying "Damn the critics (us), I'm seeing it anyway." If arrested, tortured, and pumped for information, I'll say that this was my only reason.

Oh, but it isn't.

Cheers,

J

3 comments:

Traveler72 said...

Tin whistle rocks, your neighbors should be showing their gratitude in the form of baked pies for you because you've taken it up. Tin whistle + Scotland the Brave = eudaimonia.

If only Aristotle had known Scotland even existed - the Nichomachean Ethics would've been a lot shorter.

Cherubino/Carmen said...

Might I suggest Jingle Bells for the holiday season? Although that does have a bit of chromaticism in it. Joy to the World?

easteighth said...

One: I just saw The Golden Compass. (In English, points for Annie!)

Two: My bread costs 43 cents, according to today's exchange rate. (more points for Annie!)

Three: I need a haircut.