Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Quick Update---

Because I need sleep.

Landed a stage managing gig today. Seven days in Chicago, and I'm working. That feels about right. Now a rent-paying job needs to come through(this one pays, but not enough to survive on).
The gig will be interesting--clearly a really nice group of people, but they've got a bit of a disorganized rehearsal process right now. Which, I guess, is why they wanted a stage manager. Should be fine though. Short hours, not a whole lot of rehersals--and they're all in the mornings (as are the shows). A fine first step.

I also met David Zalk(!), but didn't realize it was him. Hopefully I'll find a better excuse to talk to him later. A little intimidating, but I guess that's why I'm here, right? Right.

Also--went to a great Irish session tonight, at a local pub. Very chill people, was really great to play bodhran and sing in a supportive, fun setting. Some fairly good musicians too. Learned a couple of cool songs--- "There Were Roses" being one of my new favorites, at least in this guy's version.

Alright. That's life on the home front. I'm going to grab some zzzz's--another big day tomorrow.

No comments: