Friday, September 14, 2007

The Dark is....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/theseekerthedarkisrising/medium.html

Ah HA HA HA HA HA!

No, but seriously folks, where's the real preview?

Alright. So I've only re-read the first of the books recently. Fair. But am I totally wrong that this doesn't appear to have much of anything to do with them? I mean, I remember the rider. I guess the guy with a beard might be Uncle Merry...but...yeah.

Well, I guess I better get thee to a library, read the others, see if I'm totally off base.

I mean, it could be a fun movie anyway. Right now, I'm putting it somewhere between "trick someone" and "Rent" (on a scale of "Opening Night" - "See in theatres" - "Matinee" - "Rent" - "Trick someone else into renting" - "Watch if it's there" - and "Stab Eyes Out")

1 comment:

Lara said...

That preview has very little to do with the books (which, by the way, I have been more than a little obsessed with since I first picked them up).

1. The Seeker is not the title of any of the books. And I don't think anyone officially tells Will that's what he is for a good bit.

2. Will Stanton is supposed to be 11. He doesn't like girls until maybe the fifth book or so, and then it's Jane.

3. What was with the cops? That never happened.

4. Why didn't they start with the first book (Over Sea, Under Stone)? Less special effects, perhaps...but pretty damn cool nonetheless.

5. I think the guy with the beard was supposed to be Merriman Lyon, but it didn't look at all like him. Too polished. And where was the Lady? She's supposed to be ancient.

Bah. I like it when they turn good books into movies. But only when they do it well. May not even see this one - let me know how it is.

On another note - have you seen that they're turning Thirty Days of Night into a movie? Really want to see that one. Should probably finish the comic first, though.