Monday, September 24, 2007

Little bit of lag

Sorry folks---been a little while since I posted. For those who are keeping track, a few updates on life:

-Got a very part-time job in the box office of the Bailiwick Rep. Theatre in Chicago. It's down on Belmont, near Racine. Cool place, 3 stages---often a whole bunch of shows running at the same time. I'm playing catch-up a little bit, trying to get it all under control--lots to learn, not a whole lot of time to learn it. I'm hoping as time goes on, everything will get smoother. Although I guess I've only actually worked 3 or so nights/days there. It's income, though, which is always good.

-We got the apartment: down on North Marshfield, right below Division. Its near a very hip part of town--I'm a fan, although its going to be a little while before I feel like I fit in totally. The age is generally 25-30, lots of tattoos---its kinda like I'm living in the Horn Gallery on steroids, for those of you who know what I'm talking about. Move in on October 1st! Its right off the Blue line. I'm very much looking forward to it.

-I'm going to visit Dad and Kathi for a few days, and to visit Kenyon for one. People still in Gambier---I'll be there this coming Wednesday, getting in late afternoon/early evening. If you don't see me that night, look for me in the morning on my bench. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with Dad, it will be a nice de-stresser before I jump back into life here full time. I figure that this is the opportunity to take: I'm not paying for an apartment yet, and I'm not working full time---don't know when I'll have a good chance like this again (or be able to afford it).

So! That's life as we know it right now. I'm a little worried about going to see school again--which is strange, because I haven't been at all yet. I'm not sure if it will be good for me or not---I'm hoping it is. I'm looking forward to life settling down a bit here---and I'm also realizing that part of that has to come from me: I need to just kick back a little bit, get in the flow, and not try to take too many things on at once. I may have overdone it a little here in the beginning: lets see what happens when I just deal with what's on my plate now, and then go from there.

No comments: