Sunday, September 30, 2007

The "Plain Yogurt" of posts

[EDITOR'S NOTE: There have been more exciting posts than this, in the history of blogging. I'm doing this one because if I get out of the habit too badly, I lose steam. I promise there won't be too many more of these 'Filler' episodes--I'll start putting up art, or pictures, or something if I don't have anything I _have_ to write about]

I'm back in Chicago!

It was a little odd, how it felt getting off the place. There's something interesting, and a little cool, about not having someone there to meet you when you come to a city. A little bit of "this is my city".

We move into the Apartment tomorrow! Hooray!

I guess it's official enough that I can give out the address:

1048 N Marshfield Ave. Apt. #1R
Chicago IL 60622

It's half of the first floor of a four story building. Not a complex---more a big, older building. About a block and a half south of Division in the Wicker Park area.

I'm doing pretty well, a little tired. Saw Dan Yurovsky two days ago, Middy last night. It was absolutely amazing to see both of them--very nice to share an evening hearing my grandmother's stories about moving to a new city for the first time (for her, it was NYC---she walked into the New York times offices, because "she had to be in the newsroom for election night." The Gardner family has a little bit of that spirit in it, neh? She reminds me of Karen in some very interesting ways.) Seeing Dan was really great, as was meeting his friends (most of whom I thought were pretty neat individuals) and playing a few too many rounds of "Apples to Apples" after hitting a Mexican place with slightly aggressive margaritas.

Mostly though, I'm a little tired. A few days with very little sleep will really take it out of me. I've got a show coming up this Friday--surprisingly unstressed about it. If you're in Chicago and are at all interested in seeing it, get at me....

No comments: