Sunday, June 1, 2008

The in thing

Top 5 lists, apparently?

I'm pro-bandwagon!


Top 5 Sci-fi villains (Movies)


5: Hal, "2001, A Space Odyssey"
Never has so much been done with so little.

4:The Velociraptors, "Jurassic Park"
Comes in at #4, just because it kinda borders on not being sci-fi...but so awesome that it has to be on the list.


3: Agent Smith, "The Matrix"
Yeah, sure. Maybe you won't all agree, but I think its a great role, at least in the first one.

2:Lord Vader, "Star Wars IV-VI"
Strictly the black-mask James Earl Jones version.

1:........oh god, I don't know!
I'm so tempted to bump Vader up one, but that's disingenuous. In fact, I kinda feel like I needs to shimmy down the spectrum a bit. I'll do some thinking ob this, get back to you folks.


(6-10 are, by the way....)


10- The intelligent Gremlin, "Gremlins 2"
9-Humanity itself, "12 Monkeys"
8-The Alien, "Alien"
7-T-1000/Skynet, "Terminator 2" (I struggled between Arnie and T-1000)
6- Ra, "Stargate"

Honorable mention: The Borg(ST:TNG), The Operative(Serenity), Gaius Baltar (BSG), Nazis!(Indiana Jones), Marshmallow Puff Man/The Ghost in the Library/Zul (Ghostbusters)

If we were just doing villains...Cunningham from "Rob Roy" is somewhere in the top three.

No comments: