Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lets see how fast this thing can go

Birthday celebration mark 23.1 went fairly well. I'd like to present the following image to you: myself, wandering down across the bridge towards the Kokosing gap trail, supported by two lovely young ladies, intoxicated enough that all I can do was shout (slur) in Latin at the moon.

Now---that's just a snapshot...when you run the tape forward, it becomes a lot less epic. However...that's why we used still photography, rather than video.

Was a thoroughly wonderful birthday, though. Went to a great party with a bunch of the Kitchen Hamlet crew---I was much more of a social butterfly than normal, and a good time was had by all.

Now? I'm sitting in my room, playing mandolin with my back leaned up against a coffin.

What a reminder of mortality. I almost slept in it last night. That would have been a bit too far, though.

The nice thing about being stuck working in the middle of nowhere for ones birthday is that I'll end up celebrating it three or four different times--with families, in Chicago, etc.


Alright---food now.

Hope all are well.

Love and affection,


Jeff

1 comment:

RM said...

We're doing Lion King and Fun and Fancy Free next weekend. let us know if you can get either of those and a chunk of the weekend free, and we'll see what we can do.