Thursday, May 29, 2008

Come sail your ships around me

Lounging in my apartment, having just gone on a (somewhat thorough) cleaning binge. There is more to do (mostly making the bed), but I'm feeling pretty satisfied. Next step--job applications!

Chicago has been kind to me in my first few days back---grocery shopping (I don't know why I enjoy it so much...some kind of guilt-free shopping perhaps), wandering in the city, visiting friends, and more.

Went to the Art Institute for the first time yesterday, taken around by a new friend from the class of '08---was a lot of fun! Followed by a wander through the loop/downtown and a nice dinner, a good time was had (I hope) by all.

Watched "Black Hawk Down" again for the first time since it came out in theatres---a surprisingly well made movie, affecting, but not (usually) in an overly sentimental, false way. Whew...kind of exhausting, though.

Oh! "Of Mice and Men" photos are up on facebook, for those who are interested!

No comments: