Saturday, April 5, 2008

Take this little tip from me...

Tiiiiired. Woke up at 7:30 am this morning, after getting kicked out of Mac's at 2 am, and standing around outside for a long time. Still don't know why I was up that early. Went back to sleep...but still, the damage was done.

I get to meet Dael Orlandersmith (and direct a 20 min chunk of one of her plays for her) next weekend. Scared? A bit. Excited? Yes.


Ran into a couple of friends from high school---they were theatre tech kids, two years older, I believe? They live _literally_ one block up my street. Small world.

An admission, for those of you who didn't know---I didn't do tech in HS. I painted a set, for one day, once. I was a MT actor, if you can believe it. For those of you who have seen my jazz square, you probably won't.

Ryan's stories have me wanting to try absinthe. Might have to start looking around for where they have in Chicago. If anywhere, it'll be in Wicker Park, right?

Dan is back in town on Monday---very excited! We had sandwiches at Jerry's on friday--amazing, for those of you from Chicago---we'll go there sometime. Tasty!

Alright--time to disappear. Hopefully, more regular posting will resume at some point soon.

Peace,

Jeff

2 comments:

Cherubino/Carmen said...

How'd you get hooked up with this Dael Orlandersmith gig?

Man, you are really winning the freelance game right now .... ;)

RM said...

I'll send out some of my feelers to see if there are any trustworthy places in Chi-town.

If not, you and me buddy.

Kisses.