Sunday, August 26, 2007

Public Transportation

I think one of the things that excites me most about Chicago is the El. I've always loved Public Transporation----but up until now, I've only used busses. Now, while a good Bus system is still wonderful, I've finally figured out why everyone loves trains/subways/Elevated Rails. You just get on...and they take you where you want to be. Its very easy to find---you can zone out in the middle, because the stops are not only clearly labled on the walls, but there is also a map in the car saying exactly what you will pass at what point. Busses, to a fundamental degree, will always need a little bit of attention---because you have to know in advance when your stop is coming up. With a train, you just get off. That sounded wrong.

That being said, I'm looking forward to a possibly long commute in the morning and evenings---it will be a chunk of time I can take, guilt free, to have to myself---to read, to write, to work on whatever new project I'm working on, or to just zone out of the window or chat with other passangers.

Plus, it just might help do a bit to save our poor, dear enviroment.

Lets hear it for Public Transportation.

2 comments:

S0PHIE8 said...

Someone might propose to you! That is a fun part of the El also!

Unknown said...

With my hour and a half commute each morning the Chicago public transportation system has become near and dear to my heart this summer. Don't use the El much, but I love the Metra. Even better are the free trollies. You should try them soon before they stop being free for the summer. It's like being on a random free theme park ride in the middle of the city.